BECC traces its founding roots back to 1992 as a materials testing firm with a specialty in airport work and FAA requirements. BECC has long since expanded the services offered but remains active in the airport market sector. BECC has performed engineering and testing services for airports of from Salt Lake City, UT to Washington D.C. to Orlando, FL, and everywhere in between.
With most airports come unique FAA requirements and regulations. BECC is knowledgeable about the federal requirements regarding testing frequencies, mix designs, safety concerns, and proper documentation.
BIRMINGHAM SHUTTLEWORTH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
The following highlights are projects that BECC has performed at the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport:
Terminal Modifications and Improvements
- Geotechnical engineering and materials testing and inspection services
- Project Cost- $380 million
- Projected Completion Date – April 2014
Parking Deck Improvements
- Concrete testing, post tension inspections, paint testing, etc.
- Projected Completion Date – March 2015
- Geotechnical engineering
- Projected Completion Date – October 2014
- Earthwork testing, concrete testing
- Projected Completion Date – November 2014