BECC has established an excellent track record for proper assessment of subsurface conditions during exploration, an innovative but prudent design approach to difficult subsurface conditions, and sound, cost-effective solutions to adverse situations, which may arise during construction.
Geotechnical Engineering Services Offered
- Subsurface Exploration & Investigation
- Shallow Foundation Designs
- Below Grade Retaining System Design
- Slope Stability Analysis
- Deep Foundation Design
- Lateral Force Analysis
- Pavement Design (Flexible and Rigid)
- Airport Pavement Design and Analysis
- Settlement Projections
- Sinkhole Studies
- Earth Dam Design
- Excavation Shoring Design
- Professional Witness and Forensic Engineering
Our basic components in site evaluation would include:
- Basic geologic geotechnical and subsurface data.
- Excavation conditions and methods.
- Foundation requirements and methods.
- Pavement design evaluation.
- Project specification input relative to earthwork and foundations.
- Special design requirements.
Typical turn-around time for a complete geotechnical report, following completion of field and laboratory work, is on the order of one week. As with all our technical activity, we have a built-in quality assurance function to ensure preparation of complete, timely, accurate reports.
Reports are initially prepared by our project engineers and geologists, reviewed by the responsible senior engineer, then subjected to a final review during a meeting with our principal engineer. During report preparation, peer review and consultation are vital, ongoing tasks during which our staff exchanges views and ideas to ensure practical, economical, innovative solutions to conditions encountered.
Forensic Engineering and Failure Analysis
- Slope Failure Analysis
- Pavement Evaluations and Repair Recommendations
- Retaining Wall Failure Investigations
- Settlement Assessment and Control
Our senior engineers are highly qualified through academics and practical application to provide expert testimony on a variety of geotechnical and construction projects.
Our expertise and specialized knowledge of geotechnical engineering give us the ability to elaborate on these issues and provide reliable information and testimony for the benefit of the project participants, attorneys, and the court. Our qualifications in geotechnical engineering give our testimony the necessary credibility needed in litigation-related matters. BECC will assist your legal team in making informed decisions throughout the course of the investigation and will help present a case that is sound, persuasive and easily understood.